Done right, Half-Retirement can be equally-enjoyable as full retirement. Here are some of the ways we have seen business owners make the most of Half-Retirement:
- Staying mentally sharp. Studies show that the average American watches 40% more television once they retire. Keeping active in business allows the mental muscles to keep flexing.
- We see many business owners working an hour or two from the beach house then spending the rest of the day golfing, swimming, sightseeing, hanging out with friends, or just relaxing.
- Giving back. Have you always wanted to share your good fortune with others? Some business owners are building shelters in third-world countries, volunteering their talents, adopting a child, and more.
- Spending more time with family. Most business owners will admit to spending less time with family than they would like during the growth phase of their business. Half-Retirement allows then to enjoy the spoils of that hard work and spend ample time with family.
- Pursuing avocation(s). Have you always wanted to paint, travel, or write a book? You don’t need to fully-retire to do it.
- Let’s face it, relaxing means something different to a business owner than to most other folks. Half-Retirement offers the most important relaxation a business owner needs – removal of business stress. Without the day-to-day stress of business, you are free to truly relax!